living in a small town is wonderful
- are there a lot of modes of transportation? nope! you either drive or you’re out of luck basically
- are there a lot of job opportunities? no! of course not
- are there things to do? hang out at the grocery store or go to the only movie theater the town has!
- are the people nice? of course not! not at all!
- are you close to anything interesting? nope! everything interesting happens hours away and you’re stuck in the middle of nowhere
“Grace drags the body over to the tree line. “Come and get it.” She tells whatever has been watching it all from the woods. She can hear the growling groan start back up and she shivers as she picks Toby up off the road and puts him back in the car before driving further into their new home.”- The Long Road Home